A flash trigger is a device that sends a triggering signal from your camera to any remote (off-camera) flash. This is a lighting technique often called “off-camera flash” or “strobism”. The kit comprises a transmitter and a receiver. The transmitter plugs onto your camera’s hot shoe and the receiver plugs onto the bottom of your flash. Whenever you take a photo, the transmitter will relay a signal to the receiver, telling it to fire the remote flash. Using this system will allow you to move your flash around your subject to create a multitude of lighting techniques, contrasts and angles. All of which are essential to creating professional, flattering and creative photographs.
The Yongnuo YN622-II is the upgrade version over the popular YN622 flash triggers. New additions include better hot shoe locking mechanisms, YN560-TX compatibility (Canon only) & USB port (for firmware updates). The YN622 can be used to trigger flashes in TTL and HSS (high speed sync modes). The Yongnuo YN622 system can be used to trigger compatible off-camera flash using both auto (TTL) and manual modes. In TTL mode the flash trigger will work with your camera’s light metering system to automatically pre-determine the amount of flash output you need for any given photo. In manual mode, you can manually adjust the specific amount of flash output you need on the flash itself.
The YN622 HSS (high speed sync) feature allows you to use any shutter speed you want. You can go as fast as 1/8000th of a second (camera depending)! This is useful when working outdoors and you want to lower the exposure of the ambient light, or if you want to shoot with wide apertures (such as f/1.8 to f/4). Please note, that you’d need to use a compatible speedlight to make use of this feature.
Main Product Features:
- TTL Mode (fully compatible with camera’s auto modes)
- High Speed Sync: up 1/8,000th sync speed
- 1st and Rear Curtain Sync
- Locking mechanism on both feet
- Flash Grouping (A, B & C)
- Auto-focus assist beams (AF-ASSIST)
- Flash Exposure Compensation
- YN622 vs. YN622-II
- YN622-II includes sliding hot-shoe locks
- YN622-II includes a USB port for firmware updates
- YN622-II features direct compatibility with Yongnuo YN560-TX and RF-603 devices
- High Speed Sync Compatible
- Triggering Distance: up to 100m
- Signal Type: 2.4GHz
- Batteries: AA (rechargeable or non rechargeable)
- Flash Grouping: (Selectable Groups A, B, C, D, E and F)
- Studio Strobe Connection: Yes (PC sync Socket) (cable included)
- Shutter Release Compatible: Yes (2.5mm monoplug) (cables included)
SPECIFY IF ITS FOR NIKON OR CANON