Yongnuo YN622-TX Flash Controller + YN622 Transceiver TTL & HSS:
Yongnuo YN622-TX Flash Controller + YN622 Transceiver TTL & HSS –
A flash trigger is a device that sends a triggering signal from your camera to any remote (off-camera) flash. This is a lighting technique often called “off-camera flash” or “strobism”. The kit comprises a transmitter and a receiver. The transmitter plugs onto your camera’s hot shoe and the receiver plugs onto the bottom of your flash. Whenever you take a photo, the transmitter will relay a signal to the receiver, telling it to fire the remote flash. Using this system will allow you to move your flash around your subject to create a multitude of lighting techniques, contrasts and angles. All of which are essential to creating professional, flattering and creative photographs.
The Impressive Yongnuo YN622 System
The Yongnuo YN622 system can be used to trigger compatible off-camera flash using both auto (TTL) and manual modes. In TTL mode the flash trigger will work with your camera’s light metering system to automatically pre-determine the amount of flash output you need for any given photo. In manual mode, you can manually adjust the specific amount of flash output you need.
The YN622 HSS (high speed sync) feature allows you to use any shutter speed you want. You can go as fast as 1/8000th of a second (camera depending)! This is useful when working outdoors and you want to lower the exposure of the ambient light, or if you want to shoot with wide apertures (such as f/1.8 to f/4). Please note, that you’d need to use a compatible speedlight to make use of this feature.
The YN622-TX flash controller allows you to adjust the flash’s settings directly from the device itself. You can adjust many flash features, such as the flash mode, flash exposure compensation, manual power settings, zoom of the flash, flash grouping and many more. The large LCD display makes it a lot easier to operate the YN-622-TX, especially at night.
The new “SuperSync” feature allows you to uses non-HSS flashes and studio strobes above the camera’s indicated sync speed (normally around 1/250th of second). In SuperSync mode, you can fine-tune the time when the flash triggers after the camera’s shutter has been pressed. The specific time is dependant on the camera and flash. The result is a cleaner frame without the camera’s shutter showing in the image.
- Multiple Triggering Modes: TTL, HSS, FEC (flash exposure compensation), FEB (flash exposure bracketing), Manual (with power control), Multi, SuperSync
- Operating Range: up to 100m
- 1st and rear curtain sync
- Can be used as a wireless shutter release (cables included)
- Backlit LCD Interface
- Flash Grouping (up to 6 Groups)
- Flash Ratios
- Flash Wake-Up (Can wake up compatible flashes after they entered sleep mode)
- Uses Rechargeable and Non-Rechargeable AAA Batteries
- Maximum Sync Speed: 1/8000th using HSS
- Built-in USB port (for firmware updates)
- AF-ASSIST (auto-focust assist beams)
- Auto or Manual Zoom settings
- High Speed Sync Compatible
- Triggering Distance: up to 100m
- Signal Type: 2.4GHz
- Batteries: AA (rechargeable or non rechargeable)
- Flash Grouping: (Selectable Groups A, B, C, D, E and F)
- Studio Strobe Connection: Yes (PC sync Socket) (cable included)
- Shutter Release Compatible: Yes (2.5mm monoplug) (cables included)