Yongnuo RF-605 2.4GHz Wireless Remote Flash Trigger (for Canon o:
Yongnuo RF-605 2.4GHz Wireless Remote Flash Trigger (for Canon o –
The Yongnuo RF-605 is an advanced manual flash trigger system that is used to remotely fire your flashes off-camera. It has an operating range of about 100m and can be used to group multiple speedlights. The RF-605 also features a backlit LCD screen and an easy-to-use button layout. If you’re keen on using multiple flashes at a time, then the RF-605 is highly recommended! Additionally, the RF-605’s 2.4GHz signal offers reliable communication and was specifically designed to minimize missfires.
A flash trigger is a device that sends a triggering signal from your camera to any remote (off-camera) flash. This is a lighting technique often called “off-camera flash” or “strobism”. The kit comprises a transmitter and a receiver. The transmitter plugs onto your camera’s hot shoe and the receiver plugs into the bottom of your flash. Whenever you take a photo, the transmitter will relay a signal to the receiver, telling it to fire the remote flash. Using this system will allow you to move your flash around your subject to create a multitude of lighting techniques, contrasts and angles. All of which are essential to creating professional, flattering and creative photographs.
The Yongnuo RF-605 is the upgrade version of the popular Yongnuo RF-602 and RF-603 models. New features now include flash grouping & a backlit LCD user interface. If you plan on using multiple speedlights in your set up, then the RF-605 will be the much better buy. With its flash grouping option, you can enable and disable individual (or groups) of flashes directly on the transmitter itself. The backlit LCD makes the device much easier to work within the dark and the new improved button layout will allow you to quickly change any settings.
- Manual Flash Trigger (no TTL features/flash output needs to be adjusted on the flash itself)
- Transceiver Kit (both units can be used as either a transmitter or receiver)
- Operating Range: up to 100m
- Can be used as a wireless shutter release (cables included)
- Backlit LCD Interface
- Flash Grouping (up to 6 Groups)
- Compatible with Yongnuo YN560-TX Flash Controller
- Cross-Compatible with older Yongnuo systems (such as RF-602, RF-603-I/II)
- Flash Wake-Up (Can wake up compatible flashes after they entered sleep mode)
- Uses Rechargeable and Non-Rechargeable AAA Batteries
- Maximum Sync Speed: 1/320th
This device is used to trigger off-camera flashes remotely from your camera
Using the flash grouping feature, you can activate and deactivate multiple or single flashes from the transmitter device.
Can be used with studio strobes as well. Please note, PC sync cable not included. Please phone us to include the cable for you at extra costs.
The RF-605 doubles as a wireless shutter release. This enables you to remotely trigger your camera using the RF-605 as a wireless remote (please choose either the Nikon or Canon box to receive the correct cables for your camera)
- Triggering Modes: Manual Only (non-TTL)
- Not High Speed Sync (HSS) compatible
- Triggering Distance: up to 100m
- Signal Type: 2.4GHz
- Batteries: AAA (rechargeable or non rechargeable)
- Flash Grouping: (Selectable Groups A, B, C, D, E and F)
- Studio Strobe Connection: Yes (PC sync Socket) (cable not included)
- Shutter Release Compatible: Yes (2.5mm monoplug) (cables included)
- Size: 13.5x10x4.5cm
- Weight: 200g
The RF-605 being a manual flash trigger can be used with any flash or camera. You may lose the flash wake-up feature and shutter-release functionality if you’re not using the RF-605 with a Canon or Nikon. Otherwise, Pentax, Fujifilm, Olympus and Panasonic etc. users can use this product to trigger their flashes off-camera. There have been problems reported with certain Sigma DG flashes and some pre-1980 flashes. Please phone us at 011 880 4155 if you’re uncertain and we’ll gladly help.
- 2 x Transceivers
- Shutter Release Cables